Thursday, January 29, 2009

We should every night call ourselves to an account; what infirmity have I mastered today? What passions opposed? what temptation resisted? what virtue acquired? our vices will abort of themselves if they be brought every day to the shrift.

When I get home I usually do this by just thinking about my day.  What did i do wrong and how could i improve on myself.  Did I do the best i could?  Was i patient enough with people today?  I deal with the public so patience is my biggest issue.  I tend to learn more and more patience the more people I deal with.  My biggest temptation is to just let me speak my mind about whatever I am feeling.  I have a couple co-workers that like to say things I don't agree with but get very upset if i question them.  I have to resist the temptation of just letting myself say exactly what I think about them and their beliefs.  
Patience and tolerance is the two biggest virtues that I am acquiring throughout my days.  It's much easy to blow up at people than bite your tongue and let them  just ramble on about everything that they want to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment